How do I upload documents to the Patient Portal?
Log Into Portal
Visit https://gmu.medicatconnect.com. You will be directed to the log in page. Select “George Mason University” as your organization. You need your Mason Net ID (user ID) and patriot password. Complete 2-factor authentication.
You will need to set up 2-factor authentication (2FA) to log into the Patient Portal. Visit the Mason ITS website for set-up instructions.
To Upload Documents
Step 1: Take a picture or scan and save your documents individually. This is completed outside of the patient portal using your computer, scanner software/app or smart phone. If you are uploading multiple documents, save each document as a separate file.
- Images must be .png, .tiff, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif. Documents must be .txt or .pdf.
- Files must be smaller than 4 MB.
- Scan/save in black and white, or at a setting of 150 DPI to get a smaller file.
- Crop photos to only show the document.
- Use only letters and numbers in the file name. Do not include any special characters.
- Document names must be less than 60 characters.
- Do not upload a password protected file.
Step 2: Select “Upload” from the portal navigation menu.
Step 3. Choose the document you are uploading in the “Choose document you are uploading” drop down menu on the page.
Step 4: Click “Select File,” and locate the file on your computer or smart phone.
Step 5: Click “Upload” button. The document will be listed below, as a confirmation that the document was added to the queue. If you made a mistake, delete the file by clicking on the “X” at the end of the document name which is listed next to the Change box.
Documents you have uploaded will appear below the “Documents already on file” section as a confirmation they were successfully uploaded. Select “View file” to see document. Log back into the portal 48-72 business hours after successful upload to check your record status.