Appointment No Show Fee
One of our goals is to provide quality health care in a timely manner for our patients. Patients should call Student Health Services to cancel or reschedule an appointment at least 4 hours prior to the appointment time. Cancelling your appointment with enough notice allows this time to be made available to another patient.
There will be a $20.00 No-Show fee assessed if a patient misses the appointment and/or does not cancel the appointment at least 4 hours prior to the appointment time.
How to Cancel an Appointment
A patient should contact Student Health at least 4 hours prior to their appointment time to cancel or reschedule their appointment.
A patient can cancel an appointment by:
- Calling Student Health Services at 703-993-2831 during business hours to cancel or reschedule.
- Emailing email@example.com to cancel an appointment only.
- Please include your name, G#, and date/time of your appointment
- Include the words ‘cancel appointment’ in the subject line
- No additional information is needed in the email
- Calling the clinic where your appointment is scheduled during business hours to cancel or reschedule.
A $20.00 No-Show fee will be charged when the patient:
- Cancels the appointment less than 4 hours prior to the appointment (late cancellation)
- Does not come in for the appointment at all (no show)
- Has arrived for the appointment more than 20 minutes after the scheduled appointment time and has not called to reschedule their appointment or informed the clinic of a delay (missed appointment)
If a patient has missed their appointment, the patient may have to reschedule the appointment.
Appeal of No-Show Fee
If a patient feels there are significant circumstances related to missing their appointment, the patient may submit an appeal request for the No-Show fee. A patient has 30 days from the date of the no-show appointment to submit the online appeal request.