I received a COVID-19 vaccine that is not authorized by the FDA or WHO, and I will be a student at Mason. Should I get an authorized vaccine?

Yes, Mason requires an United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized COVID vaccine.  The Centers for Disease Control states that you can be re-vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine. The minimum interval between your last COVID vaccine dose and a FDA-authorized COVID vaccination is 28 days.

Email the Immunization Office (immunize@gmu.edu) before the deadline to request an extension. There is no cost for COVID vaccination in the U.S or at a Mason vaccination clinic.