The Travel Clinic helps to prepare Mason community members for safe travel by providing prescriptions and immunizations needed for disease prevention as well as travel safety tips. The Travel Clinic is available to students, faculty, and staff by appointment only. A fee is charged for visits and additional fees are charged for immunizations.
Travel Clinic Process
- Make your Travel Clinic appointment by calling 703-993-2831.
- Appointments should be made approximately 4-6 weeks prior to departure, especially if traveling to a developing country.
- Complete the Pre-Travel Assessment form before your appointment.
- Bring your completed Pre-Travel Assessment form to your appointment.
You may need one or more of the following immunizations:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Malaria (oral medication)
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Meningococcal vaccine
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis) vaccine
- Varicella (chicken pox vaccine)
Possibly required, but not available at Student Health:
- Yellow Fever vaccine
- Poliovirus vaccine