Effects of Smoking
Did you know that smoking…
- Prematurely ages skin by between 10 and 20 years
- Increases the likelihood of facial wrinkling (by 3 times), particularly around the eyes and mouth
- Gives a sallow, yellow-grey complexion and hollow cheeks, which can cause smokers to look gaunt
- Causes gum disease, halitosis (bad breath) and tooth loss
- Stains tooth enamel and fingers yellow
- Makes you store fat around the waist and increases the risk of cellulite
The Centers for Disease Control provides more information about how smoking affects your health.
Financial Cost of Smoking
Smokefree.gov lets you calculate how much money you spend on smoking.