Proof of Immunization
All immunizations must be verified by documentation. It is not acceptable for you to simply tell your doctor your immunization history. Proof of vaccination or immunity (through blood work) must be supported by documentation.
To provide proof of immunization you may:
- Have your doctor complete and sign the Immunization Record Form (based on historical documentation or administration of shots).
- Submit copies of documentation of previous vaccinations with appropriate signature(s).
- Submit a copy of your immunization travel booklet with the Immunization Record Form.
- Submit a copy of any lab reports for titers, chest x-rays and/or medical treatment.
Missing or Incomplete Immunizations
If you are lacking any required immunizations, or your dates are inconsistent with mandated requirements, you may receive immunizations or titers:
- In your home country (please provide your healthcare provider with the Mason Immunization Record Form)
- At Mason’s Student Health clinic
- At another healthcare facility in the United States.
You must provide documentation signed by a healthcare provider for all immunizations or Titer Lab Reports.
Immunization records due by First Day of Fall Classes.
All newly admitted or newly re-admitted summer/fall 2018 students must submit immunization records by the deadline. SHS recommends newly admitted students wait until May to begin submitting records due to upcoming form changes.
Past Due Immunization Records
If you have a hold and late fee, you must complete the immunizations and pay the late fee to Student Health Services to have your hold removed. The hold will be released usually by the end of that business day, if after 4:30 pm it will be processed the next business day.
Note: Do not include social security numbers on your immunization records.
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8:30- 4:30 pm, Friday: 12:30 - 4:30 pm
Email: email@example.com *questions only, do not submit records via email*
Address: Student Union Building I (SUB I), Rooms 2347 & 2348
4400 University Drive, MS 2D3, Fairfax VA 22030